Spring is coming to an end, have you thought about spring cleaning at all?
It’s nice to completely renovate your entire kitchen (and when you do, check out our RTA kitchen cabinets for inspiration), but sometimes all you need to make your kitchen seem fresh again is a good deep cleaning. Here’s some of our best spring cleaning tips to make your kitchen feel brand new again.
1. Clean from the top down. The last thing you should take care of when you clean is the floors. Think about it: when you wipe off surfaces, you send dirt and and dust down to the floors. You don’t want to get your newly cleaned floors all dirty again. Instead save them for last. The same goes for other things like shelves: start with top and work your way down.
2. Don’t forget the tops of things. When was the last time you cleaned the top of your fridge? It’s probably covered in dust, which will eventually travel to your other surfaces. Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not important to clean. Take the time to wash the tops of your fridge, cabinets, etc.
3. Clean under appliances. Just like you shouldn’t forget the tops of things, you also shouldn’t forget to clean underneath things. Take the time to pull your fridge and stove out and sweep and mop under there. It’s a great place for food to hide and go bad, stinking up your whole kitchen.
4. Go through your food. Chances are, there’s food in the back of freezer or pantry that you’ve forgotten about and that has gone bad. Take the time to check the expiration dates on all of your food, and get rid of anything that’s expired. As a bonus, try to use up anything that’s close to expiration. You’ll thank yourself later!
5. Deep clean your cabinets. You probably wipe down the outsides of your cabinets every so often, but make sure that you take the time to empty them completely and wash them inside and out. It’s amazing how much dust and crumbs can hide in the back of cabinets.
6. Clean the things you clean with. Make sure that your dishwasher gets a good clean, wash or replace your dishrags and sponges, and give your drying rack a thorough washing. You never think to clean cleaning items like these, which means you’re just spreading grime and germs to everything else.
7. Take breaks. You always want to make that when you use cleaning products you have proper ventilation, but make sure you take breaks along the way too. Get outside and breathe in some fresh air. Don’t coop yourself up with chemicals all day long.
One of the best things about our RTA cabinets is that they are completely finished on the inside as well as the outside, so they’re easy to clean!
What are some of your favorite spring cleaning tips?