For those of you who wouldn’t consider yourself a handyman or woman, the thought of RTA cabinets might scare you a bit. RTA stands for Ready To Assemble, meaning that the cabinets arrive to your door ready to be put together and installed. If you don’t have experience building things and using tools, we can see why you would rather hire a professional contractor to install your kitchen cabinets. But we’re going to show you why RTA kitchen cabinets really are the right choice. The cabinets are ready, but now lets get YOU ready to assemble.
Here at Cabinet Corner, we understand that our customers are probably not all contractors, carpenters, or cabinetmakers. That’s why we have made assembling and installing cabinets as easy as 1-2-3! Here are three things to give you the confidence you need to be ready to assemble.
1. Hardware Included
All of the materials your cabinets need are included in the box. You won’t have to go to the store and buy screws or nails. You will have all of it arrive at your doorstep. We don’t include the tools, but assembling RTA kitchen cabinets is really so simple that it only requires tools that you probably already have! Here are some tools that you may need, depending on the exact specifications of your kitchen cabinets.
- Power screw driver – used to secure cam lock post, insert screws to secure back panels for wall cabinets, secure corner supports at top of bases/vanities, and secure drawer glides.
- ¼ flathead screw driver – secure locking head
- Drill ( inch bit) – to drill pilot holes for screws placed in back of wall cabinets to hold back panel in place and add strength to the nail head panel. This will also facilitate ease and speed of assembly.
- Rubber mallet – to tap together the dove tail drawers.
- 18 gage nail gun – to pin nail the drawers
- Wood glue – to glue the dove tail drawers
- Hot glue gun – to glue the bottom of drawers to drawer frame and back of wall cabinets to side panels to avoid vibration of ¼ melamine.
- Router – to skin the cabinets
- Saw – to cut down any boxes that are used for more than one size of face frame.
2. Easy to Follow Instructions
Detailed instructions are provided with your purchase that will walk you through each step of the assembly and installation. In addition to the printed instructions you will receive, you can also see video tutorials and online instructions. These instructions make the job easy and you may even enjoy it – like following the instructions to a Lego set! One of our customers said, “If you have some basic skills, common sense, know how to follow simple instructions, use a cordless screwdriver, then anyone can do it.”
3. Phone Assistance
If the instructions just don’t cut it, Cabinet Corner’s team of cabinet experts is only a phone call away. They will be happy to walk you through the process on the phone and answer any questions you may have. You can also send us an email, or chat with us on our website anytime Monday through Friday from 9:30am to 6:00pm MST.
RTA kitchen cabinets from Cabinet Corner are cost effective and our cabinets are high-quality – we use wood of extremely high-quality that is built to last. And last but not least, RTA kitchen cabinets from Cabinet Corner are beautiful – they’ll completely transform your kitchen.
So, are YOU ready to assemble? Give us a call today to ask questions, get some advice, or request a free sample!